|Title:||Technical Pest Control Specialist - Denver|
Position Title: Technical Specialist
Reports To: Branch Manager
Using your leadership skills you will manage complex commercial pest problems for your clients. Manage existing accounts and be responsible for the growth by consulting and offering recommended services using consultative sales techniques to secure new business. Handle challenging fumigation and bird problems while providing professional, friendly, cordial service to clients that work to build strong relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary role will be to build and execute complex commercial business problems such as fumigation, bird work, cockroach clean outs, bedbug treatments, audit preparation, and proposal writing
- Responds promptly to inquiries from prospective customers. Maintains prospect and customer records.
- Support increasing sales by working cooperatively with the sales team and writing proposals
- Build positive, strong relationships with clients.
- Locate, identify, destroy, control, and repel pests. Use knowledge of pests’ biology and habits, along with pest management techniques such as applying chemicals, setting traps, operating equipment, and modifying structures to alleviate pest problems.
- Seek out potential clients, build route density by finding new prospective clients and look for ways to add value to existing clients.
- Work flexible schedule as required to meet client expectations, including weekend and evening.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Leadership, coaching, mentoring and management skills
- Knowledge of sales consultative sales techniques.
- Knowledge of pests, control products, services, and treatments.
- Ability to develop long-term customer relationships
- Behaves consistently and predictably; is reliable, responsible and dependable in fulfilling obligations; diligently follows through on commitments and consistently meets deadlines.
- Diligently checks work to ensure that all essential details have been considered; notices errors or inconsistencies, and takes prompt, thorough action to correct errors.
- Is able to perform effectively even with minimal direction, support or approval and without direct supervision. Is able to set priorities and takes responsibility for accomplishing work goals within accepted timeframes.
- Adapts quickly to change and work under tight deadlines. Is cooperative, willing to share knowledge, cross-train, & take on additional responsibilities. Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends when necessary.
- A self-starter who effectively organizes own work and completes on a timely basis. Acts dependably to get things done right the first time. Considers positive and negative consequences of acting. Demonstrates a sense of urgency and takes initiative when necessary.
- Is able to successfully grasp new materials and pass state licensing exams and requirements.
- Able to learn and use the computer and computer-based applications such as Learning Management System, PDA, Pestpac, and e-mail.
- Behaves in accordance with Sprague’s Commitment, Code of Ethics, Environmental Philosophy, and Vision; follows company policies and procedures.
Education and/or Experience
- ACE or BCE preferred
- Stable job history with experience in a physically demanding job
- QA experience preferred
- Experience with 3rd Party Audits preferred
- Proposal writing experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fumigation and bird work experience is a plus
Ability to read and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to interact tactfully and positively with Sprague staff and management. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Ability to speak effectively to clients or Sprague employees.
- to calculate figures and amounts and add, subtract, multiply, and divide with whole numbers, fractions, decimals, and percents; calculate averages, ratios, proportions, and rates; convert decimals to fractions; convert fractions to percents.
Possesses sufficient inductive and deductive reasoning ability to perform the job successfully; critically reviews analyzes, synthesizes, compares and interprets information; draws conclusions from relevant and/or missing information; understands the principles underlying the relationship among facts and applies this understanding when solving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; climb, and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to regularly drive a company vehicle between client sites and will be required to maintain a DOT certificate. Some positions may also require a CDL and Hazardous Materials endorsement.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in a variety of client settings that will include exposure to seasonal weather, damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions with temperatures over 120 degrees. There are frequent employee and client contacts and interruptions in person and via the telephone during the day. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
W. B. Sprague Company Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.