The primary function of the Regional Manager is to lead the Region to drive high levels of customer retention through quality sales and service performance and to drive high levels of financial performance through the business development and resource management in a manner consistent with the Sprague Vision, culture and business plan. These objectives are obtained through others and by developing their capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with General Manager to develop profitable growth strategies and multi-year business plans for the district and implement those plans through the service centers.
- Work with Branch Managers to develop annual business plans to meet financial objectives and to improve customer retention and satisfaction and drive implementation through the service centers.
- Attract and retain a diverse group of highly skilled employees that will passionately deliver uncompromising service.
- Drive the professional growth and development of employees to meet the ever-changing demands of the business.
- Manage resources to maximize the value of company assets.
- Manage key performance metrics and create the mechanisms/reports to measure our ability to achieve performance goals and hold staff accountable for performance standards
- Develop sales strategy for the District and manage the sales team for the District to drive results through the development of sales metrics and holding team accountable to performance standards.
- Promote safety in the workplace, cultivate an atmosphere of "safety first" throughout the district, organization and manage loss control.
- Ensure that the organization conforms to company standards and legal requirements.
- Supports and encourages the future-focused, results-driven, values-based, sales & service culture throughout the organization
- Contributes to a favorable public image of Sprague by establishing and maintaining relationships and participation in the community (civic, industry, and professional).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrates an understanding of the big picture and establishes and pursues mutual goals through coordination and involvement of others
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills to manage a diverse group to attain performance expectations and generate results
- Demonstrates the ability to identify needs and to allocate appropriate resources to ensure effective operating results and cost management.
- Assumes personal accountability of results, decisions and own behavior. Drives for results and achieves important goals. Consistently keeps commitments.
- Strives for efficient, effective, high-quality performance. Delivers timely and accurate results. Takes initiative to make improvements. Works in partnership with others. Builds commitment to actions that produce results. Encourages cooperation and collaboration; builds effective teams
- Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges
- Makes clear, consistent, transparent decisions; acts with integrity in all decision making; distinguishes relevant from irrelevant information and makes timely decisions
- Fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth in others; develops trust and credibility; expects the honest and ethical behavior of self and others; promotes cooperation, building teamwork, and resolving conflict
- Demonstrates an understanding of accounting principles, financial reports, and performance metrics
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external customer relationships that result in mutual success
- Exceptional communications skills with the ability to interact regularly at the executive level both internally and externally
- The ability to synthesize information, use sound judgment, formulate conclusions, and articulate recommendations in a way that is meaningful and valuable
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Behaves in accordance with Sprague’s Commitment, Code of Ethics, Environmental Philosophy, and Vision; follows company policies and procedures
Education and/or Experience
- 7-10 years experience managing employees
- Four-year college degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with a variety of computer programs to include Microsoft Office and database program
- Demonstrated leadership experience in customer service, sales, and operations.
- A thorough knowledge of pest management practices.
Ability to read and write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to interact tactfully and positively with Sprague staff and management. Ability to speak effectively to clients or Sprague employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to reason and interact with a complex human environment.
Licenses or Certificates
Must be licensed in all categories and in all states that your service center supports. Current Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; climb, and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to regularly drive a company vehicle between client sites and will be required to maintain a DOT certificate. Some positions may also require a CDL and Hazardous Materials endorsement.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office setting and in a variety of client settings that will include exposure to seasonal weather, damp and/or dusty locations. There are frequent employee and client contacts and interruptions in person and via the telephone during the day. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
W. B. Sprague Company Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.